Monday, July 21, 2014

Let's Get Sketchy July Week 3 REVEAL - RCMP

Hi there

Design Team A
is up at 
LGS July week 3
A GREAT sketch by Bev Code and here is my take:
Royal Canadian Mounted Pretties
This is one of those PROUD moments... you're at a loss for the right words but oh SO PROUD!
My friend Dawn, graduated into the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
that's right... SHE did it!
(now these photos were taken 18-ish years ago)
[Dawnee correct me if I'm wrong]
A lil'machine stitching and a Silhouette cut file, white texture effect and acrylic paint
was the base of this layout

This sketch challenged me, a little but I had fun.
Although, I've always wanted to do something like this, I love ribbon on a layout.
(these pictures have waited long enough!!)
I did a play on words here...even "Pretties" can be Mounted Police
During the 2010 G8, one of the RCMP officers shared
a RIDE pin with me!
[ I layered Stampin'Up paper flowers, misted with Mr. Huey's ]
Happiness is... your friend wearing a Mountie Hat
( and it's legit!)
Perfect button..right?!

I love the out come of this layout and I hope Dawn does too!
Thank you for a great sketch Bev

Hop on over and see what  
has to inspire YOU
and remember to Link up
I can't wait to see your take on this sketch
YOU could be the FAV  of the week!

Thank you for stopping by
~ Danie ~
xo





1 comment:

  1. No wonder the Mounties always get their man. I never would have even tried looped ribbon and look how fabulous it is I guess the ribbon isn't always flat after all Columbus.

    ReplyDelete